How To Shut Off Your Propane Tank
Watch the video below to learn how to shut off your gas at the tank. Remember: you should only turn your tank off if you are certain it is safe. Always contact your propane gas provider if you smell gas or need assistance of any kind.
HOW TO SHUT OFF YOUR PROPANE TANK
Follow this simple two step process to shut off your propane tank:
- Open the lid of your tank to reveal the shut off valve.
- Turn the shut off valve to the right (clockwise) to stop the flow of propane.
Note: if you have more than one tank turn them all off the same way.
Reasons to shut off gas to your home:
- You smell gas and/or suspect a leak.
- Your tank has shifted positions after a storm or natural disaster.
- The gas line has been bent, broken, or damaged.
Remember: never turn your tank off unless you are certain it is safe. Always contact your propane gas provider if you suspect there is a leak or are unsure if you should turn off the tank yourself. Once your gas is shut off, never turn the gas back on yourself. For your safety, leave it to the professionals.
Address: P.O. Box 527 | 1355 State Hwy 128 | Shelbyville, Illinois 62565
Email: Click Here
Hours: Monday - Friday | 7:00AM to 4:00PM
After Hours Phone: 217-774-2311